At MJ Architecture and Design we strive to attract the best qualified and most creative people. Our strength in delivering superior buildings is based on the quality and excellence of our staff. Over the years we have assembled a core team whose experience in all aspects of design and construction technology is unrivaled.
We assist clients in planning their architecture and provide architectural services for both residential, as well as commercial sectors. In the event that the client wishes to construct a new property or convert, extend or alter their present arrangement, we can provide full service on renovations. Clients can take advantage of our wide-ranging experience in properties of all shapes and sizes.
Full Services offered by MJ Architecture and Design
Full service: Architect, Principal Consultant and Principal Agent
Stage 1: Inception
Receive, appraise and report on the client’s requirements with regards to:
- the client’s brief
- the site conditions and statutory restrictions and rights of the site
- budgetary constraints
- the required consultants
- the project programme
- methods of contracting
Stage 2: Concept and Viability
Prepare an initial design concept and advise the client on the following:
- the intended space provisions and planning relationships;
- proposed materials and building services;
- the technical and functional characteristics of the design.
Check for conformity of the design concept with the statutory restrictions and rights of the site specifically with respect to the allowed use of the site.
Review the anticipated costs of the project against the approved budget and review the project programme.
Stage 3: Documentation and Procurement
Prepare documentation sufficient for local authority submission.
- Coordinate technical documentation with the consultants and complete primary coordination.
- Prepare specifications for the works.
- Review the costing and programme with the consultants.
- Obtain the client’s authority and submit documents to the local authority for approval.
Complete the construction documentation and proceed to call for tenders:
- obtain the client’s authority to prepare documents to procure offers for the execution of the works.
- obtain offers for the execution of the works.
- evaluate offers and recommend on the award of the building contract.
- prepare the contract documentation and arrange for the signing thereof.
Stage 4: Construction
- Hand over the site to the contractor.
- Issue construction documentation.
- Initiate and/or check sub-contract designs and documentations as appropriate.
Inspect the works for conformity to the contract documentation;
- Administer and perform the duties and obligations assigned to the principal agent.
- Issue the certificate of practical completion.
- Assist the client to obtain the occupation certificate to be issued by the local authorities.
Stage 5: Close Out
Fulfill and complete the project close out including the preparation of the necessary documentation to facilitate the effective completion, handover and operation of the project.
After the contractor’s obligations with respect to the building contract are fulfilled, the architect shall issue the certificates related to contract completion.
Provide the client with as-built drawings and relevant technical and contractual undertakings by the contractor and subcontractors.
MJ Architecture and Design have, over the past 10 years, established an enviable reputation for their Site Management Services which now extends across the entire Middle East. We provide un-matched quality in both Site Management and Site Supervision Services as part of integrated design appointments, and as a standalone service.
MJ Architecture and Design delivers a complete range of skilled management site services to compliment both the Design Team and Contractor’s site production requirements. We manage this process from concept design through to building completion, based on a wide range of projects.
Schedule of site supervision services:
- Sub-contractor pre-qualification
- Sub-contractor vetting and selection
- Co-ordination and communication with design team
- Tender return analysis cost evaluation / appraisal / submission
- Hands-on and pro-active site supervision duties
- Program management
- Materials / samples approvals - Shop drawing approvals
- Factory visits and inspections
- RFI meetings - Design co-ordination meetings
- Progressive installation inspections
- QA / QC inspections
- Installation and defects inspections - As Built Drawing, O&M document review
At MJ Architecture and Design our Project Management Team provides the management skills to support and deliver projects at all stages of the construction process. MJ Architecture and Design offers the unique resources and framework to; manage risk, time, cost and quality; the leadership to maintain complete control and transparency across the process; and the passion and enthusiasm to drive value at every turn.
MJ Architecture and Design offers a disciplined balance of technical competence to develop the best total solution to meet your project challenges.
Schedule of Project Management Services
- Integration Management
- Scope Management
- Programme Management
- Quality Management
- Communication Management
- Risk Management
- Procurement Management
- Design Management
MJ Architecture and Design offers a fully integrated approach to MEP design, working hand-in-glove with the design team to maintain the design ethos without compromising the performance of the MEP systems.
MJ Architecture and Design’s expertise lies in providing high quality solutions with fast turnaround time. Our MEP engineering is professionally carried out by a team of experts with vast experience in the engineering field.
MJ Architecture and Design delivers comprehensive solutions range of technical solutions based on the extensive knowledge of our internationally trained engineers.
Schedule of MEP services:
- Heating and air conditioning systems
- Ventilation systems
- Drainage systems
- Hot and cold water systems
- Life safety systems, including fire detection and fire suppression
- Electrical systems
- Low current systems
- Site Supervision
MJ Architecture and Design is a highly accomplished Interior Design Firm.
Since establishment in 1979 by Mel McNally, MJ Architecture and Design remains attuned to the pulse of changing industry trends, governed by today's market requirements. Our international presence, depth of experience and in-depth industry knowledge enables us to identify interior design trends which our design professionals strive to implement and influence design standards at a global level.
Our ultimate objective is to add value, raise standards and enhance the brand of a project's owner and operator.
MJ Architecture and Design’s FF&E Technical Consultancy provides owners and operators a truly reliable service for all FF&E requirements.
MJ Architecture and Design provides initial design schedules of equipment, furniture, artwork, lighting, drapery and accessories to suit and enhance the space requirements.
MJ Architecture and Design’s skills start at the initial briefing, through to full development of the FF&E requirements and the procurement strategy. We drive maximum value through a continuous review of a wide range of products based on their function, quality and cost, and by ensuring that the process fully integrates with the Architecture and Interior Design Teams.
Schedule of FF&E Technical Consultancy services:
- Full Technical Appraisals
- Factory Inspections
- Site Inspections
- FF&E Installation Supervision
- Production Quality Management
- Value Engineering
- Product Alternatives and Approvals
- Mock Up Approvals